Saturday, May 15, 2021
We are happy to announce that the annual Richmond Beach Community Garage Sale sponsored by Richmond Beach Community Association is back this year and just around the corner. No registration necessary—simply round up your sale items and post some signs in your front yard and at nearby intersections.
RBCA takes care of the publicity and advertising for you. Ads will be placed in The Seattle Times online edition, Richmond Beach Community News, Craigslist and on various social networks.
If you would like your sale placed on a garage sale map, please email your street address to Elisabeth Enge-Nyssen, at email@example.com by Monday, May 10th.
Maps will be available online (yardsalesearch.com) and at various locations in the community starting on Friday, May 14.
Selected Tips for a Successful Garage Sale from GetRichSlowly.com
- Go through your entire house to locate and sell anything you no longer want or need.
- Don’t base what you sell on what you would buy.
- Offer to sell stuff for family and friends.
- Take the time to clean sale items.
- Offer free lemonade, cookies, or even just ice water.
- Use an apron or fanny pack for money. (Do not use a cash box.) Carry your money with you at all times.
- Know the value of your items. By doing some research on eBay or Craigslist
- Don’t price your stuff too low. People like to bargain, so allow some wiggle room.
- Price items like a store. If you have a lot of something, “Buy 3, get 1 free”
- Be willing to bargain, but be less flexible at the start.
- Don’t cut prices by much the morning of the sale, unless they are buying a ton of stuff
- By the end of the sale, it’s best to practically give things away rather than face the prospect of having to deal with it later.
- Use bright colors to attract attention.
- Use a thick marker of a contrasting color to make big, bold text.
- Have large arrows pointing in the correct direction.
- Post multiple signs around your neighborhood.
- Place signs at nearby major intersections and at each turn along the way.
- After the sale is over, remove all the signs!
COVID Safety Suggestions
- Display signs to remind customers about social distancing.
- Space the tables and groups of items as far apart as possible (at least 6 feet) in case you are a popular sale!
- Use tape to direct visitors through the sale.
- Disinfect merchandise before the sale begins.
- Wear masks and disposable gloves and ask your visitors to do the same. Wash your hands frequently.
- Designate a separate person to handle any cash. They should wash their hands after each transaction. If using a mobile payment app, sanitize the phone after each transaction.
Sponsored by Richmond Beach Community Association
For more information:
Contact Elisabeth Enge-Nyssenat firstname.lastname@example.org